Revenue Growth via Social Selling
Social selling is a fairly new but an effective tactic in sales. Social selling is when salespeople use social media to communicate directly with prospects.
Simple steps to get going in social selling:
Establish your Personal Brand/Identity
- Identify where do your prospects hang out to procure information? LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+?
- Determine how you would like your prospects to view your business/your brand, /your identity – Thought Leader? Customer Intimacy focused? Or, Operationally Excellent?
- Articulate content that maps to your identity. For example, if you want to be perceived as a thought leader in the industry – talk about the latest trends, benefits of the trends, implementation steps, etc. Or, add a comment or perspective on a recently published article. This will humanize your brand while positioning the company as a trusted advisor.
Research your Audience- Be Relevant
- Get a closer look at their interests, position within their company, where they are located, current needs, etc.
- Based on your learnings, it is easier to post resonating content for your target audience. Relevant communication will keep them engaged and help build a relationship thus keeping your brand top-of-mind.
Social selling is an effective way to enhance your brand identity and connect with prospects on a more personal and individualized basis.
Read the full article: Social Selling is here to Stay