B2B Email Marketing Optimization
6 Trends in B2B Email Marketing Best Practices
Keeping up with B2B marketing best practices may seem impossible with everything else you need to do. To help you out, I’ve gathered the top 6 trends in B2B email marketing optimization for 2022.
6 Ways to Optimize Your B2B Marketing Emails
1. Personalize B2B email marketing
2. Make and use microsegments for B2B marketing
- The latest trend in content marketing segmentation is the creation of microsegments.
- Microsegmentation uses data on user behaviors to predict their email content preferences.
3. Embrace “mobile first” email design!
- De-clutter your emails!
- Simplify for mobile interaction.
- Select image sizes and formats for easy viewing on a small screen.
4. Share B2B user-generated content
- Sharing social proof like customer reviews and testimonials will increase clicks and conversions.
- Consider photos as well as reviews when collecting user-generated content to share.
5. Get interactive with B2B emails
- Interactive content in emails entices users to spend more time with your email.
- The extended time makes it more likely they will remember the content and click through to your website.
- Examples of interactive email content include games, quizzes, brief surveys, sliders, and videos.
- Include effective plain-text versions of emails for users on email platforms that do not support interactive content.
6. Include less email copy and do more storytelling
- Less copy as a rule also fits the “mobile first” trend.
- More storytelling refers to the accelerating preference for B2B storytelling as a marketing approach.
- Consider using a lighter tone. B2B readers will welcome a playful, conversational tone so long as it fits your brand persona.
A lot has changed with B2B email marketing optimization over the past few years. I hope this quick overview of recent trends will help you find ways to optimize your emails for results!
What works best for your B2B email marketing? Connect with us on LinkedIn or Tweet us. We’re always happy to talk.
Image by Statista
Stay in-tune with the latest trends and best practices