Manufacturing Marketing Content Strategy: Get It In Writing!
Top Performing Manufacturers Have a Documented Content Strategy (DCS)
Successful B2B companies are 4x as likely to have a documented content marketing strategy (DCS).
Here’s what you need to know about manufacturing marketing content strategy now:
- In 2020, 41% of manufacturers reported having a documented content strategy, up from 21% in 2019.
- Of the 64% of manufacturing marketing teams that outsource at least one content marketing activity, 87% outsource content creation.
- The top-of-the-funnel stage of the buyer’s journey gets the most content (50% of the total). Other stages split the remaining 50%.
Source: Content Marketing Institute
What is a B2B documented content strategy (DCS)?
A B2B documented content strategy, or DCS, contains details on two main factors:
- The purpose of content as it relates to your business goals
- How you plan to carry out content marketing to accomplish your goals
What specifically goes into a comprehensive DCS?
- Start with purpose. Describe the goals and objectives content will support.
- Articulate your company’s brand. What brand voice will speak through your content? What aspects of your brand’s “personality” do you want to showcase?
- Include target market buyer personas. Know and understand the audience you’re targeting.
- Identify what the content supply will look like. Who will create content? How often? What types?
- Describe methods to ensure your content gets found and seen. How will you distribute it? How will you drive traffic to your content?
- Determine KPIs based on objectives and measurable metrics.
- Select technology tools to efficiently execute your strategy.
Spur growth with a data-driven content strategy
Anyone can dream up a DCS, but will it work? At StratMg we believe results come from data-driven approaches. That’s why we created a step-by-step guide to implementing a successful Marketing Automation Strategy. This free white paper starts with content creation and covers how to architect lead nurture tracks. Download the Content & Lead Nurturing paper here or contact us to start a conversation about your manufacturing marketing content strategy.
Stay in-tune with the latest trends and best practices