Manufacturing Marketing Content Strategy: Get It In Writing!
Top Performing Manufacturers Have a Documented Content Strategy (DCS)
Successful B2B companies are 4x as likely to have a documented content marketing strategy (DCS).
Here’s what you need to know about manufacturing marketing content strategy now:
- In 2020, 41% of manufacturers reported having a documented content strategy, up from 21% in 2019.
- Of the 64% of manufacturing marketing teams that outsource at least one content marketing activity, 87% outsource content creation.
- The top-of-the-funnel stage of the buyer’s journey gets the most content (50% of the total). Other stages split the remaining 50%.
Source: Content Marketing Institute
What is a B2B documented content strategy (DCS)?
A B2B documented content strategy, or DCS, contains details on two main factors:
- The purpose of content as it relates to your business goals
- How you plan to carry out content marketing to accomplish your goals
What specifically goes into a comprehensive DCS?
- Start with purpose. Describe the goals and objectives content will support.
- Articulate your company’s brand. What brand voice will speak through your content? What aspects of your brand’s “personality” do you want to showcase?
- Include target market buyer personas. Know and understand the audience you’re targeting.
- Identify what the content supply will look like. Who will create content? How often? What types?
- Describe methods to ensure your content gets found and seen. How will you distribute it? How will you drive traffic to your content?
- Determine KPIs based on objectives and measurable metrics.
- Select technology tools to efficiently execute your strategy.
Spur growth with a data-driven content strategy
Anyone can dream up a DCS, but will it work? At StratMg we believe results come from data-driven approaches. That’s why we created a step-by-step guide to implementing a successful Marketing Automation Strategy. This free white paper starts with content creation and covers how to architect lead nurture tracks. Download the Content & Lead Nurturing paper here for more recommendations on manufacturing marketing content strategy.
We’d love to her your thoughts! Let’s talk! Or connect with us on LinkedIn or Tweet us.
Stay in-tune with the latest trends and best practices